Saturday 19 June 2010

Going Somewhere?

Oh yes. I am. Over to the dark side! I think Jennie, the artistic stamper saw that earlier this month I'd bought some embossing folders and dies from the Ranger, Tim Holtz signature range. And because she's a generous woman who frankly can't understand why 'altering' is such a problem for some (OK, one) of us, she decided that a challenge was due. (Or has she got a reverse web cam that shows her how often I've browsed her shop...?) The challenge arrived as a gift from the shop; The Stamp Connection. Of course now I've got to have a go, otherwise she's wasted a lovely lovely gift! I DO like these things very much, oh yeah. And I am grateful to Jennie - how thoughtful was she to think it would be fun to mess with my head! As if to prove it, I bought my fourth Distress Ink pad just yesterday! Now, I need to walk around these little cases and tags....alot, probably. I wanna do 'em justice, so don't re-visit in the next 24 hours to see how it went....it's going to take a while, and probably a lot of internet browsing before I can commit!
And just in case you're in any doubt as to how far removed my very normal paper crafting is, here's another of the hearts. Jan was, I'm delighted to say, cutting and sewing for England when I delivered the cards yesterday.....see, her bags and door stops and tea cosies have proven so popular that she's been making advance sales! Anyhoo, am really grateful that you took time to express an opinion about prices etc. For the record, we're leaving the cards at a quid each and the hearts are going to start at three....the extremely delicious Mr Jan is in charge actually, I'm committed elsewhere and Jan plays in the brass band that will be entertaining the good folk of Milton Lilbourne. Now there you see, is a multi-talented woman.
Have a lovely weekend.







23 comments:

Lyn said...

How GORGEOUS is that tag, Mrs Dunnit? I would certainly pay 3 squid and some more - those colours are yummy, my fav. The saying is a timely reminder to many too, I'm sure!

Those suitcases are simply right up my street as well - I can't wait to see what you do with them and the tags - welcome to the Outside Your Comfort Zone LOL. Off to browse said shop .... I may be some time ....

Lyn said...

Ooooh, first comment!

(*whispers .... Jules - the link isn't working for me ... off to google*)

Julia Dunnit said...

I've corrected the link...a typo as usual! Thanks Lyn, as ever for your sage and amusing comments..you keep me smiling.

Alix said...

oooh welcome to the dark side...i await your creations with baited breath!!

Karen said...

ooo loving those dinky cases!!! It does us good to get out of our comfort zone now & again....hahaha!!! Looking forward to what you do XXX

Create With Joy said...

Beautiful heart!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Have fun over here "on the dark side" I look forward to (eventually) seeing what you come up with. Love the hearts, good luck with the sale; I am sure they will go like hot cakes.

Kay said...

The idea is to have fun!!! That heart is adorable and the same techniques would work on the suitcases. Cover them with PP and stamping and bellies. There are no rules to altering, and nobody says it has to be grungy or vintage or anything else. Just jump in and have fun :)

Anonymous said...

that heart is FANTASTIC! <3

Kathy said...

Ohhhh I love the suitcases and they are going to look wonderful once they've been "Julia'd" but you know something - I love them as they are too - I like the sort of battered, seen a bit of the world look they already have!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm an altered artist and these little cases are a bit too dark side for even me (grin). Seriously, they look fussy and hard to cover. I bet they will be gorgeous when you are finished, though.

Thanks for your comment on my blog entry. I made cheese rolls and added cinnamon to the glaze. I was going to add a cinn/sugar/butter mix to the roll before I rolled it, but forgot.

I sure LOVE those hearts. Glad they will go for three quid (now I can write a word that doesn't sound like a measurement, since I don't have one of those fancy L's on my keyboard). They are SO worth it. I know you have close to that in the one you featured today.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Oh so glad they turned up safely :) lots of glue, lots of inks, lots of everything, or nothing if you prefer :) lol enjoy the move to the darker side...hehe
Hugs x

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Hi - I've popped over from Peggy Aplseeds' blog. I just love those little brown travel trunks. Good luck with your altering challenge.

jude said...

hope sale went ok .Cant wait to see what lovely creations you make out of the cases?maybe have awee peek on wednesday see if youve started them!
hugs judex

misteejay said...

Your prices for the sale sound fab (what a bargain) so I hope all your efforts have been well rewarded.

Those little travel cases look interesting and it will be great to see what you do with them...if you don't feel you can go completely over to the dark side why not crackle them - there is a lovely example of a crackled box in Craft Stamper for inspiration. Whatever you decide, enjoy it.

Toni :o)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oooh can't wait to see what you do with that little lot hehehe and get you 4 DI pads eh, you really are going over to the 'dark side' methinks ;-) Another beautiful heart Julia. Happy Sunday :-)
Anne xx

Claire said...

Hey Julia, I have ambled over to the dark side too... isn't it great, I'm altering anything that doesn't move. That heart is super cute ***adds to things to make list***
xx

Glen said...

Love the heart Julia...especially the colour. *Ü* Hope your sales are good and I LOVE those little suitcases and tag. TFS. ~Glen~

Rosie said...

Can't wait to see what you do with these ... I'm another person who looks at stuff with an "altered" eye, and who as a result has cupboards full of stuff (junk) saved for later ...

Hels Sheridan said...

go on, go for it.. try Claudine Traditional Tan to paint them with ... then go for it with the stamping and collaging and in no time you will be covered in ink, paint and glue and will have a massive grin on your chops... hugs hun .. have fun!! x

Carmen said...

Oh I can't wait to see the Julia version of the dark side! Don't try and be like someone elses 'altered' version. Be your own, use colours and images that YOU like! Can't wait to see. (altered doesn't have to mean grunge *g*)

Unknown said...

I SO CANNOT WAIT to see what you do to those luggage cases - just don't let em end up in 'lost luggage' (aka un finished projects box)!!! How lovely of Jennie to lead you astray to the dark side... you may never want to come back!!!

Paula x x x

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

Wow I love the colors of your heart project ! I bet those little luggages are destined for greatness =) Also Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment.