Thursday 1 December 2016

Of Bark stars....

I know, Bark stars? Well of course, there's a bit of a story. I'm in the pocket of promoters at Baker Ross and they send me stuff to play with and show you. And rather inevitably, the latest box of goodies has had a Christmas theme to it. A 'Naturals' theme actually. I've assumed Christmas by the inclusion of the bark stars. See. Ask me, I can manipulate anything to mean something easier for me.
Bark Stars. I didn't make them up! So of course, my first thought is for a card. A single star just needed a teeny bit of gold glitter as an embellishment and then I was off....a stamped background because I could (old Hero Arts) and some blobs of spray ink that no longer sprays.

I used a textured white pre-folded card for this one, but have in mind to try it in/with/on other colours. I've always been a bit of a stickler for 'gold goes with cream' and 'silver goes with white', so now I've mixed it up a bit, I need a short lie down. The additional stars were die cut from the self adhesive glitter paper. Nice huh...impressed to be honest, that it would cut - lots of plastic coated papers don't like to be die cut.


I'm getting in something of a panic about cards and the quantity I need compared to how many I've made, so versions of this will crop up shortly!

13 comments:

Helen said...

I love those stars. And the card.

Morti said...

Ooh, they're really nice! You might actually have done what they wanted and sold them!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Julia, bery nice. Like it a lot. Must admit, I generally do gold with cream/white with silver too. just looks 'right'.Lolled at the spray inks that no longer spray! You may have developed a new crafting product there. Hugs, Shaz xx

Neet said...

I know what you mean about being in a panic - think I might end up with commercial cards this time.
Love what you have done with the Bark stars and the other ones to back them up. The blots look great. If only I had a nice big text stamp for Christmas themes!
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now I know the story behind the bark stars. They are fabulous.

I have that same spray ink, too. In many colors. At least you get blobs out of yours. Mine just laugh at me and refuse to do anything!

Sue said...

Hi Julia, I love the card and those stars are fab. Sue

Helen said...

just went to look at the site... you have done too well, they are out of stock, lol!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, like the card, a lot! The bark stars are great, so too are those cut from the glitter card. Panicking over how many cards still waiting to be made - my advice: don't! Because I haven't been so well this year I faced the fact that I wasn't going to be able to make cards for everyone. Instead, I have to confess to buying some. People understand. Honestly, they do. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ahhh well done indeed I am impressed Julia, now we know what bark stars are.. wonderful, on successful glitter accompaniments too!!
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

misteejay said...

Beautiful card Julia.
Those bark stars are lovely.
Toni xx

Kathyk said...

FAB - loving the look of those glitter sheets and stars too

Kathyk

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm pro-bark star I've decided. At first I thought you meant that candy bark stuff. This is much better and longer lasting.

Anonymous said...

Genuinely no matter if someone doesn't be aware of afterward its
up to other viewers that they will help, so here it happens.